And They Lived Happily Ever After!

I have been married to my husband for 15 years. He is my happily ever after. We have had our UP's and DOWN's. I love my husband. We have four children and I am truly blessed. We have grown closer throughout our marriage. I worry about our children. What they see in their every day world. Wives are miserable and husbands cheat. That’s the message that seems to be in the media today. My question is, does marriage not mean anything anymore? I have seen true love and I don't mean the type of true love and romance that's in the movies. I have been blessed with seeing the rare occasion of couples celebrating their 10th, 15th, 20th, 40th & 50th Wedding Anniversary. I wonder to myself what is their secret? What advice do they have in making a marriage last? The responses I have received throughout the years isn't rocket science.


Marriage is something you have to work at every day. 
Marriage isn't 50/50. It is 100/100. 
Pray together. 
Don't forget to say "I Love You". 
Always communicate with one another and make major decisions together. 
Don't let relatives and friends get in the middle of your personal business. 
After God, put your spouse and family first. 
Laugh...a lot! 
Compromise. 
Enjoy spending time together. 
Have special date nights 
Don't stay mad. 
Pray! Work, talk, love, and make up! 
Don't be afraid to get help. Go to counseling together. 
Work problems and pressures of everyday life will always work themselves out with the power of prayer. 
Respect one another.
Selfless Love. 
Trust each other and don't do anything to destroy that trust. 
Learn to let the little things go. 
Do things together as a family. 
Be an example for your children to follow. 
Focus and appreciate the good things in life. 



Please feel free to post your own advice in the comment section.

 

“A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person”
Quoted by: Mignon McLaughlin