Snow Day 2014

We weren't really expecting too much snow here in the valley of East, TN. I dropped the kids off at school this morning. Came back home to get ready for work. As I was fixing to leave it had been announced that school would be dismissing early at 11:00am. It took me an hour to get the kids. The roads got nasty really fast. On the way home we slid several times. When we got to our road I went into a ditch. Kids were scared and in panic mode. We were all okay, thankfully. I am thankful for my firefighter of a husband for getting us out of the ditch and then up our driveway. My brother salted the driveway and drove the other vehicles back to the house. My hubby is working tonight at the fire dept. Everyone was called in because of the weather and road conditions. School has been canceled for tomorrow, so the kids are very excited about that. I will probably be working from home.
The kids and I got to play out in the snow for the first time in a long time. I just wish my hubby could of been here. Praying for his safety and all the firefighters, first responders, ems workers, 911 dispatchers, the men and women who salt the roads, etc who are out working to keep us all safe.